January 20, 2014

No-Bake Cranberry Almond Granola Bites

Happy Monday! I'm so glad to be back, let me tell ya. It almost feels kind of weird to be sitting here typing this after not being active lately. I've been doing a lot of work on this little blog of mine, you know, HTML, headaches, and cookin' up some new recipes to share with you. And today I'm talking breakfast, and you're invited.



There's something about no-bake snacks that just get me. I do love baking, but I love no-bake snacks and breakfasts even more. And I love granola even more than that. These granola bites are healthy, simple and oh, so good. They're sweet from the honey and peanut butter, with a crunch from the oats and almonds. They have the classic granola ingredients, but also have peanut butter, cranberries, almonds and flax seeds. No-bake and no guilt, what more could you ask for?

Update: I made this recipe with maple syrup rather than honey, and I fell even more in love! So, so delicious!



No-Bake Cranberry Almond Granola Bites
 Save to ZipListAuthor: Herbivore Haven, Adapted from Tina's Chic Corner
Makes: 18-20 Granola Bites

 Print Recipe
Ingredients:

  • 1 cup rolled oats
  • 1/2 cup dried cranberries
  • 1/2 cup sliced almonds, chopped
  • 1/4 cup ground flax seeds
  • 1/2 cup natural peanut butter
  • 1/3 cup honey OR maple syrup

Directions:
  1. In a medium bowl, add the rolled oats, dried cranberries, chopped almonds, and ground flax seeds. Mix until just combined; set aside.
  2. Add the honey and natural peanut butter to a small bowl. Place the bowl in the microwave for 15 seconds to soften. (If using maple syrup, only soften the peanut butter)
  3. Add the softened honey or maple syrup and peanut butter to the dry ingredients and mix until the oats are coated.
  4. Chill the granola mixture for about 30 minutes.
  5. Roll the granola mixture into balls, using about 1 tablespoon of granola for each. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.