November 8, 2013

No-Bake Cookie Smoothie

To be honest, I have this sort of love-hate relationship with the combination of chocolate and peanut butter. The only time I actually like the combination is when it comes to Reese's Pieces. But this smoothie? Ooh, let me tell you about this smoothie. It's the perfect blend of chocolate and peanut butter and I actually crave this smoothie. It's sweet, rich, delicious, and not to mention healthy. It's the perfect protein packed and guilt-free breakfast to get you going in the morning!



For a while, I was seeing a nutritionist and we talked about what kinds of foods I could add into my diet to stay healthy while cutting meat from my diet. I told her about this smoothie was my usual breakfast, and she said it was "perfect" for my diet, for these reasons:

Flax seeds are packed with omega-3s, antioxidants, and fiber.
Oats are good for fiber, manganese, and may help lower the level of cholesterol.
Bananas are a great source of vitamin B-6, vitamin C, potassium and give you a good energy boost in the morning.
Peanut butter is a great source of protein, healthy fats, and potassium.
Almond milk has Vitamin E, calcium, and is a great alternative for dairy milk!

No-Bake Cookie Smoothie

 Save to ZipList
 Print RecipeAuthor: Herbivore Haven
Makes: 1 large smoothie
Ingredients:
  • 1/2 cup rolled oats
  • 1 cup chocolate almond milk (I used Silk Pure Almond dark chocolate)
  • 1 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 1 banana
  • 2 tablespoons peanut butter
  • 1 tablespoon ground flax seeds (more for thicker consistency)
  • 3 ice cubes
Directions:
  1. Add all ingredients into the blender, liquids first. Blend until smooth and enjoy!